Reporting to one of the Principal Design Engineers, the successful applicant will take full ownership and responsibility for a variety of projects relating to the installation of Mechanical powertrain systems on a range of vehicles covering the Aerospace, Automotive and Marine sectors.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Taking concepts provided by the Principal Design Engineers from initial design through to final design and development
- Managing and R&D Testing programs for any safety/performance critical systems
- Take ownership of fault management of various systems throughout their life cycle
- Ensure all CAD geometry is kept up-to-date and any changes or requests are clearly communicated with other engineers working on the same projects
- Provide technical support for any off-site testing where required
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (2:1 Minimum) in Mechanical/Automotive/Aeronautical Engineering or similar.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a relevant high-level engineering industry
- A strong working knowledge of the various systems used in industry, such as Cooling, Hydraulics and Pneumatics
- A strong understanding of the electrical packaging associated with such systems
- A sound working knowledge of non-structural composite design and the various manufacturing techniques
- Extensive experience with high-end CAD systems (CATIA/NX preferred – other systems will be considered)
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision