Reporting to one of the Senior Engineers, the successful applicant will take ownership of designing parts for a range of vehicles covering the Aerospace, Automotive and Marine sectors.
Your duties will be wide ranging and varied and will include:
- Taking concepts provided by the Principal Design Engineers from initial design through to final design and development
- Designing new components that satisfy stiffness and strength requirements staying within specified weight constraints
- Sympathetically designing mechanical parts for manufacture. Knowledge of the manufacturing processes involved is expected.
- Simple hand calculations for stiffness and strength
- Liaising with Stress engineers on FEA and iterating designs accordingly.
- Ensuring all CAD geometry is kept up-to-date and any changes or requests are clearly communicated with other engineers working on the same projects
- Providing technical support for any off-site testing as required
- Modelling and drafting using 3D CAD software
Basic Qualifications / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (2:1 Minimum) in Mechanical/Automotive/Aeronautical Engineering or similar.
- At least 3 years experience in a relevant high-level engineering industry
- A working knowledge of metallic materials and vehicle systems
- A working knowledge of non-structural composite design and the various manufacturing techniques would be advantageous although not crucial
- Some knowledge of electrical design would be advantageous although not crucial
- Experience with high-end CAD systems (CATIA/NX preferred – other systems will be considered)
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision