Vertical Advanced Engineering is expanding and requires a CFD Engineer to assist in the design and development of motorsport, aerospace, automotive and marine vehicle technologies. The ideal candidate will be skilled in CFD applied to aerodynamics and have a good understanding of rotorcraft Aerodynamics. Vertical Advanced Engineering (VAE) today delivers cutting-edge technology solutions mainly in the Aviation and motorsport sectors. Leveraging our unique set of skills in the aerospace and aviation, automotive and transport, and motorsport and marine industries to deliver lightweight part design through to aerodynamic and vehicle dynamic solutions. We use state-of-the-art technology developed in Formula 1, specifically the innovative use of composite lightweight structures, in all our aerospace projects. VAE is part of the Vertical Aerospace Group; Vertical Aerospace was founded by greentech entrepreneur Stephen Fitzpatrick in 2016, Vertical Aerospace has been disrupting the way aircraft are developed, combining the rigour and discipline of aerospace with the pace and agility of F1. Vertical Aerospace is already a global pioneer in sustainable aviation technologies, as one of only a handful of companies to have flown multiple full-scale eVTOL prototypes. They did this with UK Civil Aviation Authority approval.
Reporting directly to the Head of Aerodynamics.
Working within the Aerodynamics team, this position will involve;
• End-to-end responsibility of CFD simulations relating to aircraft development
• Development of CFD methods
• Automation of CFD processes
• Supporting aerodynamicists on a range of development and correlation projects
• Data analysis and writing of detailed Aerodynamic reports
Successful candidates will be expected to;
• Demonstrate knowledge of CFD applied to aerodynamics
• Demonstrate a good understanding of rotorcraft Aerodynamics
• Have a good understanding of the latest CFD methods, 3D CAD systems, mesh generation, postprocessing and data analysis
• Integrate into the current team and be actively involved in the CFD development process from a very early stage
• The ability to work efficiently and independently and to follow team practices
• Provide accurate and detailed reports of CFD studies
• Hold a Degree in Aerodynamics or another relevant degree/equivalent qualification
• Have experience with Ansys CFD products (CFX and Fluent). Experience with Openfoam would also be beneficial.